Embracing the Work of Evolution
- Religious Pluralism and Interreligious Theology
- The Image of the Unseen God
- The Way of Kindness
- Teilhard’s Struggle
- When the Disciple Comes of Age
- The Church and the Racial Divide
- Gandhi on Christianity
- Birth of a Movement
- Go, Teach, Make Disciples - Sourcebook for Mission education and Animation
The Jesuit scientist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin developed a unique understanding of the role of struggle and conflict in evolution—whether in the material or on the spiritual plane. He labored to integrate the insights of evolution with his Catholic faith, and experienced ongoing conflicts with authorities in the church in response to his writings.
Through an expansive study of Teilhard’s letters and biographies, Kathleen Duffy explores the major struggles that he experienced in his roles as scientist, priest, mystic, friend, and member of the church.
Publisher: Orbis Books