Dangerous Syncretism or Necessary Hybridity?
- Contemporary Mission Theology
- The Identity of the Christian Community in Africa - Doctoral Thesis
- Jesus and Kukai
- Traditional Ritual as Christian Worship
- The Risk of Hope
- Missionary Discipleship in Glocal Contexts
- Intercultural Living
- I Am Indeed Your Brother
- Christian Mission, Contextual Theology, Prophetic Dialogue
- Missione Extra Large
- Le Dialogue comme Mission de la famille Dominicaine
- Go Forth
Highlighting the voices of non-Western scholars, this work recognizes the importance of ritual and ceremony in the life of communities that seek to worship God in ways that reflect culturally appropriate responses to Scripture. The contributors—some of missiology’s leading lights—discuss rituals, beliefs, and practices of diverse peoples, supporting the conclusion that orthodox Christianity is hybrid Christianity.
Publisher: Orbis Books