At the start of the new focus of the Guardian Angel campaign “One world. No slavery. ” By missio on June 22nd and 23rd, 2021 * in an online conference leading experts from politics, business and civil society will discuss structures and effective approaches to overcoming modern slavery. Under the patronage of Federal Development Minister Dr. Gerd Müller , they name the causes that promote slavery-like practices, present best practice examples for ways out of exploitation and show how everyone can make a contribution to the abolition of modern slavery .
In addition to Federal Minister Dr. Gerd Müller, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Kailash Satyarthi will give a keynote.
The conference will deal with these main topics:
- Modern Slavery on the Internet : The Dirty Business of Online Child Abuse;
- The new slavery in Africa : the cycle of exploitation using the example of cell phones;
- Women are not a commodity: human trafficking and forced prostitution in Germany;
- Labor migration and exploitation : in Germany, Qatar and the Philippines;
- Charity does not end in the shopping basket : options for action in Germany.
The conference languages are German and English , and simultaneous translation will be provided.
June 22nd, 2021 – June 23rd, 2021 1st day: probably 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – 2nd day: probably 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We will stream the event online.
For Registration and more information> https://www.missio-hilft.de/mitmachen/aktion-schutzengel/konferenz-eine-welt-keine-sklaverei/